Kaeden Text Correlation Chart
This correlation chart illustrates how Guided Reading A-Z levels approximately correlate to other leveling systems commonly found in leveled reading materials. The multiple leveling systems are presented on this site to assist you in selecting the appropriate reading materials for your students.
- Reading Recovery® is a registered service mark of The Ohio State University.
- Levels are subject to change as they are periodically tested and reevaluated.
- Fountas and Pinnell Guided Reading Levels, Matching Books to Reading K-3, Irene C. Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell, Heinemann, 1999
- Developmental Reading Assessment (DRA), developed by Joetta Beaver, is an assessment that documents the reading achievement in a literature-based program.
- Lexile is a trademark of Metametrics
- References to Reading Recovery, Guided Reading by Fountas and Pinnell, and the Development Reading Assessment implies no relationship, sponsorship, endorsement, sale, or promotion on the part of Kaeden Corporation.
All Kaeden Books have been officially leveled by Fountas & Pinnell, whose program is published by Heinemann.
Many of our collections are included in the Reading Recovery National Booklist and were leveled by the National Reading Recovery Booklist Committee. Titles not listed in the National Booklist were leveled by Reading Recovery Teacher-Leaders and a University Trainer engaged by Kaeden Books.
Metametrics, LLC partnered with Kaeden Books to assign Lexile levels to our titles.
DRA2 is an assessment program originally developed by Joetta Beaver, Pearson Publishing.
Renaissance Learning’s program known as Accelerated Reader developed quizzes for Accelerated Reader Books and assigned ATOS levels.
It is important to note that each leveling system is independent and developed by the respective companies. There are instances where the level assigned by one organization does not reasonably correlate with that assigned by another. In these instances, we have retained the official levels they assigned. Should you need further clarification, please contact the respective company regarding their official level.